1. Series: The North Carolina Cyclo-Cross Series consists of 12 races. The UCI-NCGP Elite Men and Elite Women races will NOT award series points but points will be awarded for participation in the race.
2a. Amateur/Masters/Junior Overall Eligibility: 9 races will be counted toward the NC Cyclo-Cross Series (3 races may be missed or the lowest scores dropped). In the event of a tie, the rider placing highest in the Series Final will be deemed the winner. If a tie still exists the winner will be determined according to USCF rules. Riders must compete in 7 NC Cyclo-Cross Series races to be eligible for the overall awards.
2b. Elite Overall Eligibility: A total of 9 races will be counted toward the NC Cyclo-Cross Series (3 races may be missed or the lowest scores dropped). Riders must compete in 7 NC Cyclo-Cross Series races to be eligible for the overall awards. The UCI-NCGP Elite Men and Elite Women's races will award participation points towards overall standings (185 pts for racing UCI Elite and 135 pts for racing CX2/3).
2c. The first race and final race in the NCCX Series will be double points.
3. Equipment: Flat handlebars may only be used in Open/Junior/Cat 4/Novice races. There are no tire width restrictions for the Junior races and any CX4/Novice races. The tire width maximum is 38mm in any other category. Cat 3 and above must race bikes with drop handlebars. Elite categories must adhere to UCI equipment guidelines for all races.
The series will adhere to the category assigned on your USA Cycling license. Please see their site for details on how the categories are assigned and how to upgrade: www.usacycling.org or check
4. Racers may ride any type of bicycle that complies with USCF rules. (cyclo-cross, mountain bike, road bike, etc.) NO Bar-Ends are allowed on mountain bikes (remove them before you race).
5. Race entries/fees: EARLY ONLINE-REGISTRATION ONLINE SAVES MONEY $15
Day of Race fees:
Additional races: If a racer is eligible to race in more than one race and wishes to do so, the entry for the second race is $15.00. The entry for the first race is the amount of the more
expensive race if applicable. There is a one-time $5 race number fee. Race #'s are specific to race categories.
6. Race Start times: Race Information UCI - NCGP races
7. Race prizes: Elite Men $500 (15 deep), Elite Women $500 (15 deep), all other categories podium/awards (3 deep).
8. The North Carolina Cyclo-Cross Series and NCGP organizer Tim Hopkin reserves the right to change, add, and/or amend these rules and cancel races.
North Carolina Cyclo-Cross
Tim Hopkin (founder/organizer)
Phone: (828) 674-9782
Partner with NCCX. We offer numerous opportunities to participate and involve your company, brand or product in the NCCX series. Contact us!
To accomodate our customers' busy schedules, we will offer a discount for pre-registration. This will speed up your race day experience. All registration is online only, even on race day.